Check out the We Suggest section for book award lists, new book lists and more!
|Sunday...............||12 pm - 5 pm|
|Monday..............||10 am - 9 pm|
|Tuesday..............||10 am - 9 pm|
|Wednesday.........||10 am - 9 pm|
|Thursday............||10 am - 9 pm|
|Friday.................||10 am - 6 pm|
|Saturday.............||10 am - 5 pm|
Getting Started at the Library
Click for more info on each topic below.
- Get a library card
- To get your free library card visit Mesa Public Library or White Rock Branch Library and fill out a short application. We require photo identification showing current name and address. If your photo identification does not have a current address, you must bring other proof of address, such as a utility bill or lease agreement. We will give you a library card on the spot! We issue library cards to residents of Los Alamos County, employees working in Los Alamos County, temporary residents of Los Alamos County, New Mexico residents with a valid New Mexico ID such as a driver's license, and UNM-LA students.
- Find materials
- The Main library and the Branch share the same catalog. When looking up a title or author in the catalog you are searching both White Rock’s and Mesa’s collections. While both locations have many of the same titles, especially those by popular authors, not every title in White Rock appears at Mesa and vice versa. The Library Catalog Tips & Tricks Page will help you get the most out of using the library catalog. We run a shuttle every day of the week except for Sunday so you can place holds on items at the other location and we will deliver them to your home library. Items may also be returned to either location.
- My account/Renew
- Log in to My Account above to see what you have checked out, renew your items, and place holds. You can also opt to save your check out history by clicking Record My History. Click Login or My Account and add the last six numbers on your Library card to the 29028000 that appears in the box. Your PIN, by default, is the last four digits of your primary phone number.
- Download books & more
- If you like to read books or magazines, listen to audiobooks, or watch movies on your computer, phone or tablet check out the services below. For personalized help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ebooks and Eaudiobooks: Sign in to Overdrive using all 14 digits on your Library card and your PIN (last four of your primary phone) to checkout and download thousands of titles.
- Online Magazines: Set up an account with Zinio to access hundreds of issues including back issues of your favorite magazine. You'll need your Library card to set up an account but then you'll use your email address and a password of your choosing to set up an account.
- Streaming videos: If movies are more your style, check out InstantFlix for independent films, shorts, and documentaries streamed to your device. You can log in using the same account you set up for Zinio, our online magazine service.
- If we don't have it
- There are two options if the Library doesn’t own an item that you are interested in reading, listening to, or viewing.
- We can purchase books, DVDs, music CDs, audiobooks, eBooks and eAudiobooks if it fits within our guidelines and if it is of interest to the general public. Fill out this form and we will notify you when the item has arrived and is ready for you to pick up or if we are unable to purchase.
- We can also borrow items from other libraries via our Interlibrary Loan program. This includes books, magazine articles, and audiobooks only. Visit our page to submit a request or for more info.
- Use computers or wifi
- Both libraries offer an open Wi-Fi network for all users on the premises who have their own devices. To access click on the LAC-Public Library network and accept our guidelines. Your session will time out after one hour. Printing is not available from wifi.
- Visitors can also use the library’s own computers at Mesa Public Library or the White Rock Branch. These computers are connected to black and white printers. The first 20 pages are free, and the cost is $0.05 per page for any additional copies. Check with Library staff for color printing options.
- Book a meeting room
- Los Alamos County Library System has meeting rooms available for use by the public.
- Mesa Public Library has three meeting rooms on the upper level with a maximum capacity of 30 people per room or 90 for the entire space. Visit the Administration Office on the third floor of the library in person, contact 505-662-8240 , or email to reserve.
- White Rock Branch Library has one large meeting room with a maximum capacity of 50 and one 8 person study room that may be reserved. Call 505-662-8265 , visit the White Rock Branch Library, or email to reserve.